A tragic start to the holiday and festive season with a young child drowning at the swimming pool at Tuanumato.
It is believed that the young child was part of a church group enjoying the pool on this hot day.
The child appeared to be choking and attempts to revive were unresponsive. It is also understood that there was no person present who knew or attempted CPR.
Bluwave has sought comments from the SSFA regarding this tragic incident and measure in place to deal with such occurrances.
This is a developing story.